Aims and Ethos
At Copthorne Community Infant School our mission statement reflects our school's philosophy of outdoor and practical based learning. We aim to provide teaching and learning which reflects all children's learning styles. We pride ourselves on providing a creative, wide and varied curriculum for all children where achievement in all areas is celebrated.
Aims of the School
The aims of our school are:
- To enable children to enjoy and develop a love of learning
- To set their own high standards and strive for excellence
- To help children to build their confidence and independence to make the right choices
- To create a rich, stimulating environment which celebrates achievement and encourages enthusiasm
- To recognise the needs and talents of each pupil
- To provide an education that provides children with opportunities to explore and develop their own values and beliefs, spiritual awareness, high standards of personal behaviour and a positive caring attitude.
- To develop an understanding of their social, heritage traditions and an appreciation of the diversity and richness of other cultures
- To value everyone as an individual who has an important part to play in our community
At Copthorne Community Infant School Literacy and Numeracy are fundamental life skills. We endeavour to ensure that children leave our school as individuals who are:
- Confident, independent, enthusiastic and expressive readers
- Clear, fluent and confident speakers
- Attentive, open-minded and enquiring listeners
- Imaginative, neat and accurate writers who have embraced the enjoyment of writing and a recognition of its value.
- Able to use and appreciate number as a skill for everyday life
Our school curriculum is balanced, broadly based and relevant to all the needs of all our children. Our curriculum embodies the requirements of the national curriculum and prepares all our children for their next steps in learning and the challenge of life in modern Britain.